Servings: 4 / Time: 45 minutes
- 1 eggplant
- <3/4 cup crushed tomato
- ½ cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the eggplant and cut into slices approximately ½ cm thick.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the crushed tomato in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Then spread a layer of the eggplant slices. Cover with more crushed tomato and perform once again.
- Top with the remaining crushed tomato and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 ° F for 20 to 30 minutes;
- Serve as a main dish or as a side-dish to accompany meat, poultry, or fish.
Nutritional Facts – 89 kcals / 5.6g protein / 2.9g total fat / 1.8g saturated fat / 11.9g carbohydrates / 0g sugar / 4.2g fiber / 160mg sodium / 7.5mg cholesterol