- 12 large hard-boiled eggs (see Note), peeled
- 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise (nonfat plain yogurt can be used instead if desired)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (can be omitted)
- Paprika for garnish
- Halve eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Gently remove the yolks. Place 16 yolk halves in a food processor (discard the remaining 8 yolk halves).
- Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise (or yogurt), chives (or scallion greens), relish, mustard and salt; process until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
[Note: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.]
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 34 / Total Fat: 2g / Sat Fat: 1g / Carbohydrates: 1g / Dietary Fiber: 0g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 3g / Sodium: 85mg / Cholesterol: 71mg