Servings: 4 / Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pounds beef, top sirloin steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 4 cup(s) lettuce, romaine
- 1/2 small onion(s), red
- 1 cup(s) cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, feta, crumbled (or shredded skim mozzarella if preferred)
- 1/4 cup(s) oil, olive
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145°F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160°F). Thinly slice steak.
- Divide romaine among 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced meat, red onion, cucumber, and feta cheese (optional).
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar combine 1/4 cup olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel; 3 tablespoons lemon juice; 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed; and 2 cloves garlic, minced. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Drizzle salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 195 / Total Fat: 7g / Sat Fat: 3g / Carbohydrates: 4.5 g / Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g / Sugar:0 Protein: 27g / Sodium: 364mg / Cholesterol: 81 mg