Servings: 4 / Time: 2 ½ hours
- 7 squares baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or light margarine
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon alternative sweetener (such as Splenda)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler with butter or margarine, reserving a little chocolate aside (2 squares, as shavings for garnish).
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the egg whites with the powdered sugar.
- Stir the egg yolks into the melted chocolate and then carefully fold the egg whites into this mixture.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 2 hours to set.
- Finally, garnish with the reserved chocolate shavings and serve.
Nutritional Facts – 356 kcals / 14.7g protein / 33.5g total fat / 18.4g saturated fat / 15.8g carbohydrates / 0.7g sugar / 8.2g fiber / 127mg sodium / 245.5mg cholesterol