- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3-4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cups chopped mixed bitter salad greens, such as chicory, radicchio and escarole
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs
- Place garlic to taste in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and vinegar; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in anchovies to taste. Whisk in oil in a slow steady stream until well combined.
- To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- Add salad greens and toss. Shred 3 egg whites and 1 egg yolk through the large holes of a box grater. Sprinkle the salad with the grated egg.
[Tip: If preparing ahead of time: Prepare the dressing (Step 1), cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.]
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 92 / Total Fat: 8g / Sat Fat: 1g / Carbohydrates: 2g / Dietary Fiber: 1g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 2g / Sodium: 102mg / Cholesterol: 20mg