Servings: 4 / Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup packed baby spinach
- 2 green onions
- 4 large egg whites
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes (or low-fat mozzarella if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning (such as Cavender’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (can be omitted)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- While oil heats, coarsely chop spinach and finely chop onions. Combine egg whites, eggs, cheese, Greek seasoning, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add spinach and onions, stirring well.
- Add egg mixture to pan; cook until edges begin to set, about 2 minutes. Gently lift edge of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until center is set.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 178 / Total Fat: 12g / Sat Fat: 4g / Carbohydrates: 2.2g / Dietary Fiber: 0.6g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 15.7g / Sodium: 438mg / Cholesterol: 326mg