Servings: 6 / Time: 35 minutes
- 2 slices turkey or turkey bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt to taste •freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated, low-fat cheese, such as Mozzarella, Cheddar, or Swiss
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey or turkey bacon over medium heat until it is lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain all but 1 teaspoon of the fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the zucchini and basil and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 3 more minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook (without stirring) for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and sprinkle the cheese and reserved turkey or turkey bacon over the top of the frittata. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slice into 6 wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 87 / Total Fat: 3g / Sat Fat: 1.3g / Carbohydrates: 5g / Dietary Fiber: 1g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 8g / Sodium: 115mg / Cholesterol: 75mg