Servings: 6 / Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small can, diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt (can be omitted)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated (or low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese)
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Pour olive oil into a 10-inch ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the egg whites until you get soft peaks then fold the yolks back into the whites.
- Pour eggs into the pan then add the chilies over the top and cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and broil until cheese is melted and browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slide frittata onto a serving platter and cut into wedges.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 160 / Total Fat: 11g / Sat Fat: 5g / Carbohydrates: 5g / Dietary Fiber: 2g / Sugar: 3g / Protein: 12g / Sodium: 304mg / Cholesterol: 158mg