Servings: 4 / Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. ground lean (98%) chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 12 Boston Bibb lettuce leaves or romaine leaves
- 4 slices = 4 tablespoons of avocado
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add the red and green bell peppers. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook for a minute or so then add then ground chicken breast, breaking up the chicken into small pieces with a wooden spoon while stirring.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes, turn off heat, mix in cilantro and lime juice.
- Divide chicken and pepper mixture between lettuce cups and serve with 1 tablespoon mashed avocado on the side. A serving is 3 lettuce cups with 1 tablespoon of avocado on the side.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 239 / Total Fat: 9g / Sat Fat: 1g / Carbohydrates: 7g / Dietary Fiber: 3g / Sugar: 2g / Protein: 33g / Sodium: 525mg / Cholesterol: 102mg