Servings: 4 / Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ tsp finely grated lime peel
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar substitute
- 1 lb salmon steaks, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- In a 2-quart dish, combine the lime peel, lime juice, 1 tsp of the oil, the ginger, five-spice powder, and sugar substitute. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a 3-quart microwaveable dish, combine the spinach, garlic, and the remaining 1 tsp oil, tossing gently. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Drain and keep warm.
- Lightly oil a grill rack. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the grill rack. Brush the salmon with additional marinade. Close the grill cover and cook for 4 minutes. Open the grill cover, turn the salmon, and brush with marinade. Close the cover and cook for 4 minutes longer, or until the salmon flakes easily. Discard any remaining marinade.
- To serve, evenly divide the spinach among 4 serving plates and center the salmon on the spinach beds.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 251 / Total Fat: 15g / Sat Fat: 3g / Carbohydrates: 5g / Dietary Fiber: 2g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 24g / Sodium: 213mg / Cholesterol: 67mg