Servings: 2 / Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounces fish, halibut steaks (2 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- oregano, fresh
- lemon, wedges
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. For marinade, in a shallow dish, combine lemon juice, snipped or crushed oregano, oil, garlic, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 1/2 hours, turning fish steaks occasionally.
- Drain fish, reserving marinade. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil four inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through broiling.
- Discard any remaining marinade. Garnish with fresh oregano. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Facts – Calories: 238 / Total Fat: 8g / Sat Fat: 1g / Carbohydrates: 3g / Dietary Fiber: 0g / Sugar: 0g / Protein: 36g / Sodium: 636mg / Cholesterol: 54mg